So it's been awhile since I have posted anything. Oh well. Blogging is way way down on my priority list. Maybe if I had more people to keep in touch with, and I knew they would read my blog then MAYBE I would be better at it. But I doubt it. There's just to much other stuff to do when you have a full time job, 4 kids, a husband, a dog, and lots of other projects and hobbies.
Ryan is writing a novel. He hasn't let anyone read it yet- BUT he has read the first chapter outload to me and the kids. It's actually quite good! I've told the people at work that he is writing one, and there is one guy there that is VERY excited about it. He asks about it a lot and gives advice he finds on how-to-write-a-book-websites: Like write at least a paragraph everyday! He has kept up on the Stephanie Meyer, Twilight series success and likes to pass along bits of knowlege about that. Wouldn't that be great if Ryan's book turned out to be a best seller! I can always hope!!
Ryan's book is an adventure story - along the lines of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings type thing. Two boys coming of age with some mythical creature, dark magic opposition. - Hey I know I'm not describing it well. But I've only heard the first chapter. There's some cool sword fitting, A council of Elders type group, An old Legend, and a long journey. Ryan has been doing lots of research too- I don't think I'd better give to much away (in case Ryan would rather I didn't), but some of the research centers around the silk road into china used in ancient times.
So- should he get it published, you can say you know him and then you can tell everyone you know to go out and buy a copy. :-)
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YEAH a new post.. :) So how far along is he in his book?
Hey- Were are going private on our blog and I want to add you to our list. Send me your email address so I can forward an invite to you, so you can still check out our blog, if you want..
ashleewright07@gmail.com
Post a Comment