So I decided to get rid of the background I had- only I can't! I never saved an original copy of the minima template (You think I'd learn!), so I just tried to "UN-edit" it. I deleted all the extra code I thought I had added- but it still looked the same. Talk about frustrating. I searched the internet- still no luck. Mostly I don't have the patience for something that I KNOW has got to be easy, but I just can't seem to do it. I ended up hacking into Ryan's blog, saving a copy of the template on my computer and then uploading it! -Still not sure what the difference is between the code in his and the code in mine- but at least I got it now. So now I'm having PLAIN PLAIN background, until I come up with something fabulous and make it myself. (It will never happen!)
As for quarters, I'm trying to find the Washington DC quarters- apparently the mint didn't make too many, so Utah doesn't have any -if they ever did- I'm a little late looking for them. I might just have to buy them from ebay- (16$ for $10 worth of quarters) but amazingly that is cheaper than buying them from the mint! ($19 for $10 worth of quarters). Same with the new lincoln pennies. I'm not sure I want those anyway, and after talking to the girl at the bank yesterday that's probably a good thing. She said Utah has such a huge backlog of pennies that we will NEVER get the new lincoln pennies here.- at least not the first ones. She suggested going to Idaho or something! Hmmm... I have such a collection addicition problem. But I'm not the only one. So for you out-of-staters and people traveling- Can you find me a roll of Washington DC quarters? (It's a sickness, I know.) We -as in Utah- had better still be getting the rolls of dollars!! Ryan humors me in this because: 1. it doesn't cost us much-Usually I just go the bank, give them my $25 bucks and get a roll of 25 $1 coins. (the bank doesn't charge extra like ebay and the mint). 2. He says it's cheaper than psychotherapy. and 3. He thinks it will come in handy if there is an emergency. - Like in Louisianna- Some people had stuff like bottled water to sell- but no change, so if you only had a $20- you paid $20 for a bottle of water. So small bills (or coins) are an important part of your emergency storage supplies. And apparently ours includes my state quarters and presidentials dollars coin collections!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HAha, oh dear you are crazy! Actually the lady in charge of emergency preparedness told us that we needed to have coins and small bills in our 72 hour kit too.... good idea
Post a Comment